It’s never the wrong time to consider putting in a deck. Your landscaping can always benefit from a well laid deck, with convenient and beautiful features. To help you discover your options, we at Matt Myette Landscaping would like to offer a few suggestions to get the deck fitting to your liking and increase the value of your home.
Wood Deck Ideas & Plans
1) Get some deck ideas. There is no lack of deck design ideas if you take the time to search. There are so many that you can take them and customize the options to make it more fitting to your tastes. If you are stuck, the more images you can show to your professional, the better they are able to come up with a design to your liking.
2) Consider plans for deck. You want the deck to enhance your lifestyle. Keep in mind what you intend to use the deck for. For example, if you are not into hosting large social gatherings, you will want it more in keeping with intimate events and offer family dining options. A fire pit, small grill or humble outdoor kitchen is different options for your deck.
3) Traffic patterns on and off deck. Understanding what you want from your deck is the first step. But now you will have to take into account the activities that will occur on and off the deck. Furnishing, cooking features, space for people, even if you want to add a planter or other such options for the ambience.
4) Wood deck materials. Keep in mind what sort of materials you will want the deck designed with. Generally, decks need maintenance annually, and the extent of the maintenance is dictated by the environment and care it endured over the course of the year. Your professional can help you find what looks good and the more optimal options for your area.
5) Connect the house and yard with deck space. Decks are often correlated with the style of house and blends into each other. But, you do have the option of building your deck in a different stop to emphasize the landscape as well as the home. The transition to the deck stepping into the yard has options such as stone, pavers, or bricks to bring the modern contemporary feel or keep it rustic and natural with wooden options.
6) Vertical deck elements. Decks are more than just the flooring, its upright components contribute to the visual impact; such as railing, skirting, and overhead structures like a pergola. Take your time to select the railing that enhances the overall look, consider the style of the skirting on raised decks, as well as the options to shade yourself from the sun or even look for shelter from rain.
7) All the deck extras. The weather is perfect all year long in few selected areas. A Pergola is one of trendy options to produce partial shading without staying hidden from the sun all together. An awning, on the other hand, could be more to your liking if you are in fact sensitive to the sun but still want to enjoy the fresh air. Planters are a nice effect to bring you options of favorite plants close by or even a humble garden. Benches are always ideal to offer seating for the family or special guests.
Deck Design, Building & More in Greater Morrisville, Stowe, Hyde Park, Elmore, Cambridge, Morristown & Lamoille County, Vermont
No matter what you have in mind for your deck, Matt Myette Landscaping carpentry services can get your home equipped with the right deck and all the bells and whistles to make it fitting to your home and lifestyle. Contact us today!